– I’m gonna need everybody
here to roll initiative! (dice clatter) – I don’t like this.
– Okay. – I don’t like anything–
– Nat 20! But I have negative three to initiative.
(laughing) – I got a 15. – I’m ruining my 20s, I’m wasting them. – Ruined, you’re wasting these damn 20s.
– Hold on one second gang, we’re gonna go around right now.
– Math, math, math, math! – Math, math, math, math, math, math! – I, what, we have to fight Riz, maybe? – I guess it’s not Riz.
– I mean, it’s nightmare Riz. – It’s like a horror, nightmare– – Classic Shadow Link
– I really need to restock situation, you know?
– my spells for this character.
– What did Gorgug get? – Six. – What did Adaine get? – 15.
– Yeah! – Adaine got 15, what did Fabian get? – 17. – What did Kristen get? – Also 17. – Okay. Awesome. – And we’re blessed. – Yeah, you guys are all blessed. – Chill, already blessed, dude. Pre-fight blessings! – Hell yeah.
– Filled with anxiety! – Do we roll our Bless
with initiative rolls? – You do not add Bless
to your Initiative rolls. – Attack and saving. – Okay, cool. – Cool, that’s going to be… – You know what, not to complicate things, but can I do a higher level Bless and just also Bless myself? – Yeah, you wanna throw that
on there, that’s no sweat. Cool! You see Riz (chittering) look at all of you and as
it stands for a moment, it waits until one of you guys makes the smallest motion for a weapon and you see that Riz stabs two
of his fingers into each eye and pulls his face open
through the eye sockets. I’m gonna need everyone here to make a– – The Ball! – Wisdom saving throw,
if you would be so kind. – Oh my god. – Oh, we get Bless on this?
– Creatures have disadvantage on Charisma based checks against me. That’s not Charisma based, right? – Disadvantage on Charisma, no. – And it’s not a charm thing, either. – This is not charm. – Oh, we add Bless to this. – I got a 13. – Ooh, 15.
– Oh, fuck. – 20. – You get a 15? – Yeah. – Hold on one second,
we’re gonna go around here. (laughing) It’s so much more stressful
having the music in real life. – Yeah, totally, totally.
(Brennan cackles) – Yeah, normally, it gets added later and we don’t have to deal with it. – And we just to get to peacefully fight. – Exactly, in silence. But now, instead, today…
(Brennan laughs evilly) – Go ahead, give me your rolls. – I got a four. – Ooh, Gorgug got a four! – Even with Bless?!
– Oh god! – We need you! – I rolled a three and
then a one on Bless. – Oh boy, and you have a zero Wisdom? – And I have Mindless Rage,
that wouldn’t help with this? – Mindless, you’re not
– You haven’t – in a rage yet.
– gone into a rage yet. (disappointed realizing) – You can drop into a rage on your turn and negate the effect.
– Yes. – Okay, so. What did Adaine get? – I got a 13. – 13, okay. – Ooh man.
– What did you get? – 15, I have chills. – Cool.
– 21. – 21. As Riz goes (imitates squishing) (wheezing screech) – Riz! – You have to immediately fly into a rage to save your own mind,
you can feel the fear coming in to destroy you. Fabian– – I just realized I’m
wearing my dad’s eyepatch, which means that I am, oh, where’d it go? I have advantage on Intimidation
and am immune to fear. – Amazing. You’re immune to fear. What you see in this moment is that looking at you, Riz, it’s horrifying,
and you just hear a voice almost in the pit of your stomach say, (as Bill Seacaster) What
are you afraid of, boy? – Nothing, nothing! – “Nothing, nothing!” (as Brennan) and you
just go for your rapier. Kristen. The power of doubt within you propels you to be like, Hey, nothing’s scarier than the existential threat of what– – Totally!
– We’re supposed to be doing on this planet. Adaine. You feel a deep fear overtake you. And you realize it’s all coming back, even with the frog and everything else. (Adaine whimpers) That a deep anxiety and terror
begins to well up within you. That is now going to be Fabian’s turn. – Okay, great. The Ball, you need to
stop ripping at your face. (Fabian blusters) And I’m just gonna run. I’d like to grapple The Ball. – Okay, go ahead and make a grapple check. (dice rattle) – Where do we go now? Is it possible for me to jump off of something and then… – Go ahead and give me an Athletics check. – Great. (dice clatter) That’s gonna be 11 to jump off a desk. – That’s great, 11 does it.
– Great. So we’ll roll with advantage. Oh thank god, that’s a three. But that’s an 18. 18 plus one plus five. 24! – This thing is fully grappled. You just grab Riz, like
slam, like WWE, boom! Drive in and get him in a headlock. – Careful, it’s still Riz! – Get yourself together, The Ball! Somebody, fix him! – Okay, Fabian, so that’s your attack. You get another attack if you want, but he’s already grappled. – Can I hit him with just my fist? – Cool, go ahead and
give me an attack roll. – Great. (dice clatter) Nat 20. – Crit on Riz, great! – It isn’t Riz!
– Yes. – Can it just be like–
– You can guys do subdual damage, you can
do non-lethal damage. – I just wanna like, if I’m
holding him with one arm, can I just smack him in
the side of the head? – Yes, you absolutely can. – Get it together, Riz! – Incredible. – Do I roll attack damage? – Nat 20 automatically hits. – Great. – And the damage is just
one plus your Dex modifier. – Okay, great, that’s six. – Boom! You hit this horrifying Riz-Thing. That is going to move
and be Kristen’s turn. – Okay, can I roll Perception to see if we are alone in this room with Riz or if there’s someone
else here that I can– – Go ahead and make a
free Perception check. (dice clatter) – Nat 20.
– Perception check is I’ll say right now there’s no one else alone
in this room with you, this is not Riz. You’re just looking at it
and when Fabian hits it, this thing’s eyes just like
flash black for a second. You wonder if… Here’s what you think. Riz fought, that means
Riz wasn’t possessed. So this isn’t possessed Riz. Because these claw marks
were not the claw marks of a thing that went willingly. So if this thing, you don’t
think this thing is Riz. Or you don’t think it’s riding, you don’t even think it’s
necessarily riding in Riz’s body. If you had to guess, on a nat 20, you’d say this is either something that’s using illusion
magic to seem like him, maybe it’s Riz’s reflection or his shadow, some messed up thing, but you do not think this is Riz Gukgak. – Okay, I take… I think I realize how cool
it is that I wasn’t afraid of what he just did and how
I’m starting to see through the things around me in my life, and I take my staff and I slam it down and I cast, through Channel
Divinity, Destroy Undead. – Cool, awesome, you go
for Destroy Undead, hit it. As you hit this thing with Destroy Undead, you see that the shadow flickers (imitates many winds rushing) It is partially disrupted,
but it is not damaged. This is not a being of death. It is a being of darkness and fear. – Okay. – You still have a movement
or a bonus action if you want. – Yeah sure, I’m going to… Is there coffee in the room? Like one of his old tumblers or something?
– Oh, there’s tons. There’s cold cups of black
coffee half drunk all over. – I’m going to really
smugly sit in a chair with some of his coffee
and just enjoy a nice cup of really unafraid– – What, what is happening, help! – Oh you guys, I’m having so much fun! – Help! – Adaine. This is a familiar situation to you. – Why are you having fun?! – Look, I’m really grasping
at straws over here. – So, you have been
affected by the fear spell. Actually, because you dealt that damage, I do need to roll a Concentration
check for this fear spell. Hold on. – Oh, and you rolled a four. – Huh? – You roll a four. – I roll a four? – Yes, you roll a four.
(laughing) – Yes! – In that case, Adaine, there
is no fear condition on you. As Fabian clocks this thing, and you use your last Portent roll, you disrupt the spell. I think there is still a feeling of, God, I don’t want that kind
of stuff ever to work on me. (Adaine roars)
But you’re out of it. It is your turn, you’re
unaffected by the fear spell. – Okay, can I do an Arcana check to see what
kind of creature this is? – Yes, you can. – Great.
(dice clatter) – Do I add my Bless to this? – Yes, you can. – Oh great, then so much, like 29. – You look at this. This is a type of creature that transcends the cosmology of creatures
as you know them. It’s most similar to fey, but fey are extraplanar creatures of the natural world, if that makes sense. They do have pocket dimensions
and things they can create, but fey are fundamentally tied to nature. This thing is fully extraplanar in the manner of fiends or celestials. But it is from somewhere that is like advanced beyond the borders of this world. You think this is a being
made of pure nightmare. – Great. Well, that’s fun. Okay, I would like to cast Tasha’s Hideous Laughter on it. – Copy that. – It’s a Wisdom saving throw, “Fall prone, becoming incapacitated “and unable to stand for the duration. “A creature with an Intelligence score “of 4 or less isn’t affected.” – Gotcha.
(dice clatter) You go (whooshes) You try to go, you throw some
enchantment magic at this and you see that Riz, while
being grappled by Fabian, pulls a dagger out and carves its mouth wider on its own face
– Oh no. – and adds more teeth
(Gorgug yells) to itself and swallows that spell and drowns it.
– What’s happening? I can’t see anything! – Oh, it’s bad! – Wow, that’s good coffee! (laughing) – Help, help us!
– What are you doing? – That’s your action, any
movement or bonus action? – I guess I’ll get behind the desk? – Cool, you get partial
cover behind the desk. Gorgug, that’s you. – Okay, so when the Concentration broke, did that effect Gorgug or does it matter?
– Yes, the fear left. – Okay.
– So you don’t need to go into a rage now,
if you don’t want to. – Oh, Gorgug’s gonna go into a rage. (laughing)
– Just a nice, casual– – I think Gorgug was (screams) just screaming.
(laughing) Like, so scared. And then after that was sort
of, dealt with that spell, went into a rage and now is just (screams) and just screaming a
different kind of scream and is just going to attack. – Go for it. – Do I have any benefits from it being grappled? – Yeah, you get advantage on these rolls. – Great.
– Oh, hell yes. (dice clatter) – 24? Or 23, 26.
– Let me just double check that grapple thing really quick, I wanna make sure I’m getting that right. Hold on one second.
– If not, my lower score was 22. – Oh great.
– Sick. – Okay. – You don’t get it,
because he’s not prone, he’s just grappled.
– Okay. – So you do, so lower roll is 22? – Yeah.
– Definitely hits. – Okay, cool, then… Roll d12, d6. (dice clatter) Ooh! (dice clatter) Then I hit him for 13 and then my next attack (dice clatter) – Oh, that’s cocked, you
gotta roll that again. – You can’t let those cocked ones slide, you gotta roll ’em again!
– It was fully… – Gotta keep rolling them.
– Is 18…? – 18 hits. – Okay.
– Slapping. – And then, that’s another 12. So, 13 and 12, I did 25. – You did 25 altogether? – And I don’t get to do my frenzy because I already did my
bonus action to rage, right? – Yes, that’s correct. So, what was the next one? – So I did 13 damage and then 12 damage. – And then 12 damage, cool. So that’s going to be… Cool, he’s taken 35 damage so far. – Are we killing Riz, is this– – It’s not Riz! – Okay, great. – That is just, it’s some kind of thing. – Okay, cool, cool. – Scary, it’s a scary thing. – Awesome. – Oh, it looks so bad,
you’re gonna hate it when you let go.
– It’s really gross. – Okay, cool, I’ll be ready, I’m ready! I’m not afraid of anything. – Okay, hold on one second. – He looks like literally The Joker. (laughing)
– It’s so awful. – That’s, ooh.
– Oh no. – He starts telling jokes. – Just bright green with a cut out smile? – Okay. – It’s just like thrashing at
its own face, like that’s… – So awful.
– There’s something next level to that, just like… That mutilating self kind of vibe. (Fabian retches) – Nightmare King.
– You bet. – Hey dude, it’s the stuff of nightmares. – The Clown Prince of Nightmares. – The Clown Prince, Riz Gukgak, The Clown Prince of Nightmares. (laughing) – Ooh baby. – Riz Gukgak in Joker makeup. Riz would definitely come
as the Joker for Halloween. 100%.
– Absolutely! – Some people just wanna
see the world burn. – Exactly. – Riz is kind of already dressed as The Joker.
(laughing) – He is most of the way, take the hat off.
– He has a lot of three piece suits. – He, yeah, Murph definitely saw an advance copy of Joaquin Phoenix – yep? – Riz is grappled, you’re behind Riz, Riz doesn’t need his
head to be on straight. So he goes
– Oh no. (rattles) – And his head spins around and he is in, face to face with you.
– The Ball! – And you see that he just looks at your, put his mouth over your good eye– – What the–!
– No! – And you feel his little
goblin fangs rotate, serrated (imitates saw blade spinning) and try to bore your eye out of your head for 20 points of damage. (Fabian groans)
And you see, from Gorgug’s axe wounds that Fabian’s blood is sucked into
his body and he is healed. (Fabian retches) Still partially injured. Now that is going to be Fabian. – Fuck this, kick him off of me! Stand up, stab, stab! (laughing) Yeah, and I’ll Action Surge, I’m gonna take four attacks on this. – Okay, well, before you
take your Action Surge, go ahead and make your first attack. – Okay, great.
(dice clatter) That’s… (Fabian babbles) 21 plus Bless, 25. – You definitely, hit go
ahead and roll damage. – Great. 3 plus 8 equals eleven. – Hell yeah. You deal eleven points of damage. As you stab Riz, you see the thing looks
at you and as its blood as your blood goes down its
lips, it looks at you and says (exhales creepily) (as Nightmare Riz) A
worse story than before. (wheezes) And your sword, it spirals into shadow, collapses around the tip of your sword (imitates explosion) and there’s a blast of
shadow miasma and it’s gone. – My, the sword of Seacaster is gone? – No, the being is gone. – Are we still in initiative? – We’re still in initiative. – Fuck. – Can I Counterspell? Can I cast Counterspell, it’s a reaction! – Make an Arcana check for me. Let me know if you beat a DC 15. (dice clatter) – I do, I got a 25. – Whatever it is does is
something supernatural, but it’s not a spell
Counterspell would be based on. – Fabian, can I just swing
wildly around the room? – Actually, you absolutely can. Go ahead and roll a Luck check for me, we need a 19 or 20. – Can I add Bless? – Sure, so we’ll make– Add Bless.
– 19 or 20. – Add Bless to get to a 19 or 20. – 17.
– Close. – Wait, but, oh yes. – Cool cool, so with the Bless, a 17. So you’re just slashing wildly. – I don’t want, where
is it, where’d it go? – And that’s going to be Kristen. – Can I do a Luck check to see if I just hit it with my staff while sipping coffee? – Oh.
– You gotta hit a 19 or 20. – If you… – 19, yes! All right, do I hit it
– I’m going home, – and I see it?
– I’mma go home. What?! What?! – You’re drinking
– Go ahead and make – bottomless coffee.
– An attack roll with your staff, if you’d be so kind. – I’m not attacking, I’m gonna
try to cast Banishment on it. – Oh, so a 19, okay, you’re
trying to cast Banishment. Oh my god, incredible, hold on one second. You’re sitting in a chair, you… I’m gonna say this, you go so deeply into your own sense of doubt that you arrive at a moment where you go, The certainty of life is that nothing is certain. And in that deep and profound absurdity is a solace and comfort more potent than any conviction of the faithful that there has ever been. You raise your finger to an empty corner but instead of going to Riz, you go up. A blast of pure reverberating
energy erupts from your hand and spidered up there so
its head is facing you but Riz is showing you
his back and shoulders. So, Riz is like clutching, but
head totally turned around, appears in a blast of shadow as you hit him right with your Banishment. – It’s just more honest this way. (laughing) – How?! – Incredible, so this going
to be a Charisma saving throw. – “If it’s native to the
plane of existence you’re on, “you banish it to a harmless demiplane, “but if it’s not, you send
it back to where it’s from.” – And if it’s from a place
that it is not native to… – If the target is–
– “The banish “with a faint pop into its own plane. “If the spell ends before
one minute has passed, “the target reappears in the space.” But it doesn’t get… Minute has passed before the spell ends, at which point the target reappears… So it doesn’t reappear if you
can hold onto it for a minute. This is gonna be huge,
hold on one sec, gang. So, I’m gonna see if this thing has any spells or magic that can help it. Ooh, little buddy.
– Probably doesn’t. Probably doesn’t have any spells. – Yeah, probably not one thing, right? – Probably not worth checking.
– Not one thing. (Brennan cries out mockingly) But I’m also kind of worried about just sending it back
to where it came from. – I know. – It would be better to kill it. – But also, it did 20 damage,
– With its self-healing shit. – But, I don’t want, it’s very scary!
– You can undo your Banish. – Your difficulty, Kristen, is 16. This thing’s got a +4 to its save. On a 12 or higher, it is not banished. We’re gonna roll in front of the board. – Ooh, baby! – All right.
(dice clatter) – That’s a nine! – Yeah!
– Yes, okay! – And with that, you guys see, this thing goes (screeches) (imitates vacuum seal)
(whooshes) The mirror shatters, this thing is gone, the room is completely quiet. (Kristen sighs contentedly) – Gorgug goes to–
– Be less chill! – What? – This is not okay. – It’s literally not okay.
– This was not okay. – You spend your whole life pretending that you have the answers, and the moment that you’re like, Actually, (high-pitched,
dismissive laughing) I have no clue! It’s so relieving. – Gorgug just hits another
corner with his axe. (Gorgug yells)
– Gorgug, Gorgug, baby. – I would like to cast
Locate Creature on Riz. Because I would like to know where Riz is, please.
– Yeah, great call. – If he is within 1000 feet of me, that would be nice to know. – Riz is not within 1000 feet of you. – Dang. – Can we call him again? – Yeah.
– Yeah. – Can I call… Somebody do that, I’m gonna call, I’m worried that Sandra Lynn may have encountered some version, some Figueroth version.
– Yeah, I’ll call Sandra Lynn. I feel like we have Sandra Lynn’s number because she lives with us.
– Yeah. Can I take that photo and put it in my bag and take it with us?
– Yes, you absolutely can. Go ahead and mark your things
in your inventory, too. – Can we look around for
his Nightmare King file? – Great call!
– Yeah, it’s all, so it’s been scattered around. Give me a group Investigation check. We’ll call it just a DC, you’re trying, as a group, beat DC 10.
– I’m gonna take a Help action.
– Are we still blessed? – You are still blessed, yes. (dice clatter) – Exactly 10.
– Oh no, sorry! You are not still blessed,
concentration was, no, Teddy Bear of Helpfulness. – Teddy Bear of Helpfulness!
– So yeah, you got it. So you were concentrating
on the Banishment while Teddy Bear concentrates on Bless, so you can add Bless.
– 10. – Yeah, I got like a 25.
– 10? – 17.
– 5. – 5.
– 18 actually. – 18, and what did Adaine get? – 26. – Incredible, so you guys
carefully clean up the mess and are able to, to the
best of your ability, put together Riz’s file
on the Nightmare King. – Can I check this room,
because I know Riz also, for like secret doors and passages and hideaways?
– Very cool. – Any other, behind the painting, like… – Hell yeah, you check for secret doors. You find so many secret compartments and doors in here.
– Is there a gun in here? Can I take a gun? I don’t have a weapon and we’re going, we’re fighting this guy.
– You have a frog! Just be yourself!
– You have a frog, you cast magic! – Yes, but sometimes, that doesn’t work. – I will say that in a secret compartment, you do find a gun. – Great, I’m taking this gun. – Do not take this gun!
– Don’t take this gun, you can’t even drive!
– This is honestly, this is going to come back. Everybody watch, I’m calling
– You should be able to drive. – it right now, this is
going to be a big problem down the road.
– I have an anxiety disorder and driving– – That’s why you should not
– That is a great reason – have a gun.
– to not have a gun. – Is scary for me. – Have you taken any sort of
firearms training classes? – I put the gun back. – Thank you!
– Thank you! – Honestly, Gorgug, great.
– I just feel a lot more comfortable.
– Great. – Jawbone?
– But I would like – I hope he’s,
– some kind of a – he has a huge gun.
– knife or something. – We’d love to get you a knife! – Great.
– I’d love to give you a knife – So, you guys get in
touch with Sandra Lynn. Sandra Lynn looks around and says, texts you back and says, “Bus is fully gone. “Meet me back at Mordred
Manor as soon as you can. “I’ve already contacted Sklonda, “she’s gonna meet us there.” – Great.
– Wow. Everyone’s really gone. – Crap. – The Ball’s okay, he’s gotta be. I’m not… – Yeah, he’ll be fine.
– I can’t shake what we just saw. – I mean… – When I think about
– That was very, The Ball.
– The worst thing I’ve ever seen
– It serrated and every time I see The Ball from now on,
– My eye like a… I will think of that.
– Did anyone have a really weird dream last night? (various forms of agreeing) – Oh yeah, but it’s like
before an adventure, right? – No, I don’t think so, because I don’t dream and I dreamed. – Wait, I was told, my
parents said I should run my dream by a wizard or a sorcerer. Can I run it by you?
– Oh, sure, yeah. – Does that work? – Okay. – So I was on a cliffside over the ocean, and I saw Ragh turn around and he just had blood where his eyes were and he said,
– Wait, – “Are you my dad?”
– like Riz was? Earlier? – I think it was–
– Yeah, Riz was messing with his eyes a lot. – Yeah, was it, do I
know if that was the same kind of horror? – There seems to be a weird
eyes thing to all of this. As you focus on this thing of eyes, you had bleeding eyes in your thing, this thing pulled its eyes open. You come back and have a weird moment of looking at that photograph that doesn’t have a person in it with the empty space covered
with Riz’s red marker. There’s something
strange afoot, obviously, but as the thing of eyes come back to you, you keep thinking of like,
what are all the things we see and don’t see? – Can I hold it up to the sunshine? – Sure. You hold the photo up to sunshine and it illuminates the
photograph pretty okay, it seems normal. – There’s nothing shining through it that gives any other kind of clue? – Nothing shining through it there. I guess, when you hold it up, you some writing on the back of it, which seems to be the date for it. And it looks like this
was from a long time ago when Riz would have been… – It tried to bite your eye. – Ooh, it did, that’s right.
– Yeah. – I mean, I was being bitten, so I didn’t think about the
thematic elements of it, but sure.
– Are you okay? Are you gonna turn into
– I’m fine! – One of those things?
– Can you lift up your eyepatch for me
– No! – for a sec?
– No, I’m done! All right, you asked me to do
that a lot when it happened, and I’m not doing it anymore, all right? – Yeah, I don’t need to
see it again, it’s gross. – Yeah, it’s gross! – I think it’s kind of cool,
but yeah, okay, yeah, totally. – You guys head back to Mordred Manor. As you guys arrive there, you see that Sklonda’s cruiser is up there. She’s in the driveway
talking to Sandra Lynn, who’s looking, they’re both
looking very, very concerned. You also see there Baxter the griffin, Jawbone’s out talking. Sandra Lynn looks at
you guys as you arrive, Sklonda looks over and says, immediately sees your injury and says, (as Sklonda) What happened at the office? (Fabian flounders) – We fought Riz. Not Riz.
– It wasn’t Riz. – It’s like another Riz,
he was a like crazy Riz, he could like turn his
head around and stuff. – Some kind of–
– If Riz was a spider man. – Nightmare… – Ripped his eye out and
then he stabbed himself and then he ripped his mouth open, – Yeah, it wasn’t Riz. It was something pretending
– And then he put his mouth – to be Riz.
– on my mouth, and then he bit my sword
and he disappeared. – On your eye, not your mouth. – Yeah, that also happened,
anyway, it was wild. – It was not fun. Very scary. – But we don’t know any– – He turned his head fully around. – And a mirror shattered. – Yes.
– Yes. – Sklonda and Sandra Lynn look and says, Sklonda and Sandra Lynn
look at each other. Sandra Lynn says, (as Sandra Lynn) I
called Lola, Fig’s agent. She got a crystal mail from Fig at around four o’clock in the morning this morning to book a hotel room in Bastion City. – What?
– Where is that? – Bastion City is the
– That’s south of us. – capital of Solace, where
the Council of Chosen meet. It’s like the big city. – Why would she do that and not tell us? – It wasn’t, I mean, something’s wrong. – Maybe it was a spider version of her. – Oh no.
– Ooh, that booked the trip? – But Riz couldn’t speak
properly, the spider-Riz. – I don’t think that was Riz. – Well, he did say that one thing that one time though.
– Because I banished it it would left Riz in our plane or would have sent Riz–
– Right, but that, but that spider thing– – Go ahead, give me Insight checks. – Okay.
(dice rattle) (dice clatter) (disgusted groans) – 11. – I got a seven! – I got a 16. – Oh, I got a really high one. 25.
– Immediately, Gorgug, it occurs to you,
because Adaine mentioned that she wasn’t really sleeping, so whatever happened didn’t really happen. Riz doesn’t sleep. Hardly ever. – And Fig doesn’t. Fig trances, right?
– Well, Fig– No, Fig– As a tiefling–
– Oh, but as a tiefling. – She fully sleeps. – So, you don’t think the same, and you, when you were messing
around with the piano stuff or actually, you might be
interested to go see Fig’s room and see if there’s any sign of struggle. Because it’s possible that different things happened to Fig and Riz. – Huh. Yeah, let’s go investigate Fig’s room. – Yeah, he maybe fought whatever
it was while he was awake. And then she maybe experienced something different when she was asleep. – Yeah.
– I don’t know. – Good points.
– Is Bastion City the opposite way of where we were gonna go to visit your sister and cousin? – No, it’s on the way. – It’s on the way. – Also, we’re still under
discussion on that one. – No, it’s–
– We’re definitely gonna go see your hot sister.
– It’s our best lead. – Can I go look at Fig’s room? – Please stop calling her
– You look at Fig’s room. – my hot sister.
– No sign of struggle. Looks like it was–
– What else would we call her? – Thoroughly packed up
for adventure stuff. Fig’s bass is not here, none of the stuff is here, all gone. – Oh, Fig.
– So she just willingly left, it seems. – Willingly left. – Huh, that’s so weird. – Was able to write an
email to her agent saying book a hotel room. – There’s no like notes
for us or anything? There’s no confessions of
an emotional moment that– – There’s nothing, no nothing to you guys. – That’s so off for her.
– Do you think she was brainwashed or whatever? – I think she must have been. – I mean, they got to Riz. – This doesn’t feel right.
– If they got the Riz, then they probably got Fig. – Is there a phone number for this hotel? – Yes!
– Yeah, let’s see – So Sandra Lynn
– if she checked in. – Looks over and says, (as Sandra Lynn) Well,
that’s easy to look up. But it’s the Hotel
Cavalier in Bastion City. It’s just a old waterfront hotel down by the water,
– Oh no. – down by the harbor.
– Scummy. – Scummy, I mean, that feels,
I feel like Fig would… – Go for the scummy hotel?
– Yeah. – You see that Sklonda
looks over and says, (as Sklonda) I don’t
know if this is anything, but I haven’t heard from
Gorthalax all morning. – Gorthalax? – Haven’t heard from
Gorthalax all morning. The second that Fig
(Fabian sighs heavily) went missing, I tried to talk to him, because he should be able to find her. I should mention, Fig, Gorthalax can find Fig
wherever she is now, because he’s officially
granting her spells. She’s dabbled in Warlock. It feels okay because it’s
her dad, but, you know. – So she’s multiclassing? – Again? I mean, for the first time? (knowing laughter) – Some people wanna stick with one class, and other people can’t
resist the siren call of what other classes have to offer. – All right. – But you know, that’s all gravy, baby! – Great, I mean, it feels like, we’re going to Bastion City, all right? I’m just gonna say it.
– Yeah. I agree.
– It sounds like we’re taking a, we’re at the
beginning of our journey, has been diverted from
more important things to other things that also need to happen. – Yes. – Sklonda says, Okay. I’m gonna put out an APB, we’re gonna get, the police are gonna start looking for Riz wherever he is in town. (as Brennan) She looks
over at you and says, (as Sklonda) Adaine, we
have our own arcanist looking at it, but…
– Yes? – We had a robbery this morning, that we were investigating
at the Elm Valley Mall. There was a jewelry
store down there that got robbed in a really scary way. All the glass in it was shattered. – Oh no. – But almost nothing was missing. – Weird.
– What was missing? – What was missing? – My partner Dusty has that
information down there, but… – Okay. You could also go, the
owners are still down there, dealing with the insurance.
– Yeah, I’ll help. – But if you’re heading to the highway to head down there, it’s a quick stop and they’ll still be
there probably all day. – Oh yeah.
– I would get a cinnamon sugar pretzel. – Oh yeah, absolutely. – What happened to those coffees? – Gilear!
– You guys see a sweat-drenched Gilear walks up, he says, (as Gilear) As I’ve mentioned,
I do not have a car, so I had to walk here from downtown on the shoulder of the highway. I was hit by a Vespa about halfway and had to go back because
I dropped the coffees. – Gilear, why didn’t you take an Uber? – Oh, part of having my car repossessed is I can no longer use the
app for personal reasons. (Gilear sighs)
– Oh no. – Are you okay? – They really hit you with that? – That’s so unfair. – Honestly, this is good for you, Gilear. Getting your calves strong. – I’ve inhaled a lot of
road dust and exhaust– – Or the bus?
– What? – The bus. – Huh? – The bus. – What bus? – The Elm, the bus that goes everywhere in
– Can you take – Elmville?
– public transportation? – Fig didn’t give me an order, so I got her what I knew was her favorite, plus a couple of safeties. – No no no, the public transport bus that you could have taken.
– You could be taking the bus instead of walking. – Instead of walking.
– Yes, yes absolutely, but the requested cafe actually
has a number of transfers, there’s not a direct route here and one– – And so you chose to walk instead? – One of the bus drivers threatened on occasion to,
and I’m quoting verbatim here, “Stomp my goon ass” if I
ever got on his bus again. – Gilear, you don’t have to come with us. – No, Gilear is coming. – You’re a great intern,
and I grab my drink, and I’m sure it’s really good. – Looking for the hot
chocolate with a shot of decaf and shot of cortado on top of that. – Yes, that’s right here. The people at the cafe didn’t know what a cortado was and they demanded that I make it so I had to figure that out.
– Gosh. – Wow.
– This is just milk and lemonade. – Do you want me to go back? (laughing in the background)
I warn you, it will break me. – No, hey, you were on foot so
much, did you see Fig’s van? There’s no way, right, it would have been in the middle of the night. – Yeah.
– Her bus? (dice clatter) – Her bus. – He says, uh, yes. – What?
– What, where did you see it? – Sorry, what? – I saw it pulling into the parking lot of the Elm Valley Mall. – No.
– Wait, when?! – Hmm? – When? – Very early this morning. – When you were setting
out to get the coffees? – Pre-dawn. – Gilear, this is a one-time thing. Hop on the back of The Hangman. Show us where you saw the bus. – If this is a prank, I should warn you, I am at my weakest and most vulnerable. – No, you did a really
– Can we keep on – job, actually.
– carrying the bag? – You’re a great intern. See, the milk is actually curdling now, so it’s kind of like a smoothie.
(groans of disgust) – I got a hot chocolate
and a black coffee, which one would you like? A mocha.
– Black coffee. – Gilear looks over and says, (as Gilear) Wait, you have
the curdled lemon milk? That’s actually mine. – What, oh. – Yes, I like this. – Oh, great, that wasn’t a big mistake? – They don’t make a lemon
yogurt but they should. – They definitely do,
Gilear, it’s sold everywhere. I would say maybe one of
the top yogurt flavors. – Lemon yogurt? – Lemon yogurt I don’t think is a thing. (Ally blusters) – Let’s go to the mall.
– Okay, whoa! – Did you guys not have
moms on a diet growing up, wake up!
– Hop on the back, do not touch me.
– I for sure had a mom on a diet. – Sandra Lynn looks at you
and says, I’ll meet you there. – Great. (imitates engine revving)
– Jawbone, do you mind if I take the car again? – How about he drives? – Oh. – He goes, You got a second
for me to put some pants on? – Yes!
– You see he’s still in the tighty-whiteys, it’s fully 2:30 in the afternoon, he goes, (as Jawbone) Gilear,
brother, come here, man! (as Brennan) Gives him a
big hug, you see he says, (as Gilear) I am surrounded
by the charming partners of the women who have left me. Um… – Should we bring Jawbone? – Instead?
– Should we just – Yes.
– get out of here? – No, Jawbone–
– He’s faculty, so he can’t. – Yeah, he needs to be providing
services to other people. Gilear, though…
– Fine. – So! You take the car, Hangman, Gilear, and Fabian,
– Fabian. – Sandra Lynn and Baxter
take off going their own way. Do you guys… (singing wordlessly) – If you pull out a highway map… – I was gonna ask,
Tracker, Cathilda, and Ragh are the other people you
guys are planning on taking. – Yes. – Are you swooping by to get them, or what are you guys doing? – Well, Tracker’s here. – Tracker’s here. – So let’s take Tracker.
– So in Jawbone’s car is the three of you plus Tracker get into Jawbone’s–
– Do we have space? How many people can fit in the van? – Do my parents have a van I could take? – You parents do have a van. – I feel like there’s probably a bigger vehicle we could take. – Could we text Ragh and
have him meet us at the mall? – Cool, you text Ragh, Ragh texts back. “Hell yeah, on my way, cinnamon
pretzels, what’s good?” – And Cathilda as well,
I feel like Cathilda can make her way.
– Cool. – So, you guys head to the mall. You arrive there, I’m
gonna say that actually because you guys are going much faster, these guys get there first. – Yeah, that makes sense.
– So it’s just Fabian, Gilear and Sandra Lynn first. – Why did you take Gilear? – Because he knew where the bus was. – I’m sorry, you’re right, you’re right. I’m not there.
– Do you go to the Thistlespring tree to grab the van?
– Yes. – You guys head to the Thistlespring tree, your parents go, (as Digby) Well, hey
there, bud, how’s it going? – Hey, you know, there’s a lot going on, but I was just wondering if we could borrow the van for a little while? – For like a month and a half? – He’s a really good driver. – You see they look and they say, (as Digby), Well, get the old adventure wagon back on its wheels! Me and your mom, we went on so many adventures in that thing, yeah! – Cool. – Well, I’ll tell you what, bud. You know, you’re, sorry, is Gorgug 16 or 17 now? – I think he’s 17 now. – He’s 17. (as Digby) You’re 17 years
old, you got your license. – Uh-huh. – If you want to buy your first vehicle, me and your mom, we’d part
with the van for a song, buddy. – So I can just buy the van from you guys? – We got the deed, we got the title, we’ll sign it over to you. A young man needs his own party van! – Oh! Yeah, I will buy, how
much do you want for it? – Well, you know, when we bought it, it was, I think, a couple hundred gold, but we’ve had it for,
gosh, almost 22 years, so I think the Blue Book on it, let’s do– – 1000 gold? – No!
– What? – What are you doing?
– You want 1000 gold? – No!
– 35. – 35 sounds very fair,
we’ll take 35 gold for it. – 30, that’s–
– And that’s being, and drive it in health, bud, that’s great! You know, we’d give it to you for free, but it feels good to buy and
own your own thing, you know? There you go, bud.
– Yeah. – Well, hop on in! (as Brennan) You see this rusty, old, big, it’s just like a clunker van in the back, the grass has grown up
around it behind the tree. But it works! You hop in and they say, (as Digby) While you’re
getting used to it, give it a couple weeks, okay, and then when you’ve got it good and ready and you know how to drive it, that button on the right
unlocks the secret panel. And then, you can mess with that.
– Secret panel? – You’ll figure it out, you
have a great adventure, pal! Go get ’em! – Okay thanks, thanks for the van. My own Adventuremobile. – Your parents are such, they’re great at
– They’re great. – gearing you up.
– They’re so cool. – Cool, so you guys head off. Sorry, yes, Kristen? – Can we swing by my house really quick? But far away from it. – Wait, your parents’ house? – Yeah, and just like squeak by there? Is that kind of on the way? – I think it’s nowhere, is it anywhere near?
– You guys can go there. Because you’re gonna go pick
up Cathilda and Ragh as well. – Ragh is meeting us at the mall. – Oh, Ragh is meeting
you at the mall, right? – Sure. (laughing)
– You drive over there. Fabian, you arrive
there, Sandra Lynn lands, (whooshes) bow over her thing,
griffin in the parking lot. Gilear gets off and says, (as Gilear) How do you
manage the vibrations of the motorcycle and the effects it has on your digestive tract? I feel like everything within
me’s been shaken loose. – What? I mean, I– – I need to use the restroom right away. – Gilear, literally, I never want to hear about your bowels or
your insides ever again. – If I don’t move quickly, you will hear more than about them. – Oh my, oh gosh (Fabian
groans in disgust) – He runs up to the
restroom, Sandra Lynn says, (as Sandra Lynn) Don’t worry about it– – How did you ever, I’m not gonna lie, you seem like an incredibly
intelligent and cool person, and like Fig’s not here,
so I’ll say this right now, this, that man is, how, how? How?
– Fabian, relax. He took the divorce very hard. He was not always like this. Okay? – If you say so. – He was, in hindsight,
more similar to this than I imagined. But he was not always
exactly like this, okay? – Okay.
– He… Look. I’m right now your employee. So let’s try to keep things
above board, what do you say? – I just, it’s… We need to find Fig. – Okay. (as Brennan) You walk into the mall and you see there’s like caution tape up, there’s some Elmville PD around. And you see that there is this jewelry store that’s been smashed. And there’s some insurance
agents that are coming there, some people that own it. And you see that there’s
a young earth genasi woman who is talking to some people there. She looks over at you
guys, as you approach, Sandra Lynn approaches and says, (as Sandra Lynn), Hi, sorry to interrupt, my name is Sandra Lynn Faeth, I’m a Solician Ranger, I’m here with Fabian Seacaster,
who’s an adventurer– – Fabian Aramais Seacaster,
son of Bill Seacaster. Ever heard of him? – He is currently dispatched by the Aguefort Adventuring
Academy investigating matters that pertain to the
robbery that occurred here. – I’m gonna go ahead and full
lift up the caution tape. All right, so what do we got going here? What’s the situation?
(laughing) – You see that a rookie
cop comes over and says, (as Rookie Cop) Well
boss, I tell you here, it looks like we got a real sma- (as Brennan) And you see
that the captain says, (as Captain) Stop that,
Jenkins, that’s a child! – All right, well hold
on, what was he saying, we got a smash and what? – (as Rookie Cop) He said it
with so much authority, boss! (as Brennan) You see that Sandra Lynn, as you start looking around, the cop starts leading you in. You see a bunch of scattered
gems on the ground– – Mmm, scattered gems
over here on the ground… – Give me an Investigation check. – What would Riz do in this moment? (laughing)
Nat 1, all right. I’m doing my best impression
of Riz Gukgak in this moment. – You end up trying to impersonate Riz and biting down hard on a piece of glass. – Ow!
(laughing) – I’m getting a horrifying vision. (crying in pain continues)
– Sandra Lynn looks over at you talking to the shopowner and says, (as Sandra Lynn) Get a pretzel! Fabian, get a pretzel!
(Fabian continues to cry) Get a pretzel, go!
(so much crying) Goddamnit, have a goddamn goodberry! (as Brennan) And she
gives you a goodberry. – Ow! – Go get a pretzel, what’s
the matter with you?! – It was Riz would, he bites stuff! – He will taste things, sometimes! Are you full crying?! – No! I full sprint. – (as Brennan) Like dancer
leaps, sprinting into the mall. You are like sitting with a
pretzel a little bit later. – It hurts so much! – She walks over to you
and says (quietly groans). About ten minutes later,
you see that Ragh shows up, looks at you full crying,
and you see he goes, (as Ragh) Hey, what’s going on? – Shut up! – Dude, honestly, be real,
are you crying right now? – Yes, I just wanted to do… I tried to act like The Ball and I got all bitey like he does,
(imitates growly chewing) He’s always doing that,
and I just bit some glass, I don’t know, I thought… I thought he could taste fingerprints or something, I don’t know! – Dude. You are not The Ball, dude, you are Fabian Aramais Seacaster, right? – Yeah, I do flips and stuff, I don’t– – You do flips and stuff, man! – Bite things. – It’s not on that.
– All right. – Dude, you think I’m over here, beating the shit out of myself every time I bite a bunch of glass?! – Sorry– – Dude, I bite glass everyday! On accident! – So you’re telling me this is not like a crazy thing that– – No, dude!
– Okay! – Glass is literally invisible! (laughing) – Yeah, yeah! – How do you know it’s there all the time? – Exactly!
– In your mouth, near your mouth? – That’s exactly what happened. I thought I was picking something else, but there was invisible glass in my hand, and I bit that instead. You’re the best, you know that? I’m so excited you’re here. I cannot wait. We’re going to do great
things, Ragh Barkrock. – He goes in and he’s like, Brother, come on in, hoot growl, baby. – Hoot growl! – [Both] Hoot growl,
hoot growl, hoot growl! – Let’s get some cinnamon
pretzels in this bitch! (Ragh whoops) – You guys go over– – Sandra, we’ll talk about
crime stuff in a second. – She looks over and says, (as Sandra Lynn) I found
out what happ, okay. – We gotta get these pretzels. – You both in your Aguefort letter jackets (Fabian whoops)
walk over. – Ragh–
– Just push people. – He’s like shoving you
but also like lovingly taking the tears off
your face with his thumb. – Man, I haven’t cried in a minute! – He’s like, That’s my fucking QB dude, and if he cries and you make fun of him, it’s your ass, dude! – What, what! – So you guys get pretzels. The rest of you guys roll up. You roll by Seacaster
Manor, you got Tracker, Kristen, Adaine, and Gorgug in the van. You got Boggy, you pick up Cathilda who’s got like a lovely
little floral suitcase and her little sweatpants
– Cute! – And her athletic headband. (as Cathilda) Right, well,
hello there, pleasure. Oh, lovely, you’ve got a little van here. – It’s a lot easier to drive
when it doesn’t have stick. – You see she says, Aye, and that it is. That’s for sure.
– It’s automatic. – You see she gets in,
looks around, and says, Would anybody here like a biscuit? – Yes!
– Yes, please. – And she hands out biscuits to everybody. You guys roll over from there. – Can we swing by my house? – Yes, you swing by the
Applebees residence. – Can you Mage Hand some of this gold into my brothers’ rooms. – Aww.
– Yeah. – Thanks, let’s go. – That’s very sad. – That’s all I needed to do. – Aww!
– Aww! – You Mage Hand some
gold through the window into your brothers’ rooms. – Do you wanna send a note with that? – Just drive. – Your parents aren’t
(laughing) gonna get mad that they
– Just drive! – suddenly have gold? – Tracker goes, Drive!
(snarls) – Okay! – You head away, go ahead and mark down how much gold that you give them. And you guys peel off and get to the mall. As you arrive there in the parking lot, you see–
– 3000? – 3000. – Ragh and Fabian are
out near the parking lot, near Baxter, huge cinnamon pretzels. – Yes! – You see that Sandra Lynn
steps out as you guys arrive. So the whole crew is
assembled here, minus Gilear. She looks at everybody and says, (as Sandra Lynn) I’ve talked to the owner. She was a little reticent to talk about it because she was dealing with
the insurance company, but only one item went missing. – Okay.
– What was it? – It was an item called The Devil’s Heart which was a flawless 24-carat ruby. – The Devil’s Heart. Well, that’s not foreboding. – Not magical. – Oh! – Or so they think. – Oh, you know who used
to be trapped in a ruby? (hums of assent) Is Gorthalax, I mean, I
wasn’t going to say it. – No, but it’s Gorthalax.
– But then you gestured to me and I–
– Ragh, Ragh does that thing where it’s like a hug and a full body shake, and he goes, (as Ragh) See, you’re
fucking great at clues, dude! Hell yeah! I’m here trying to gas my–
– Ragh, you got a bunch of ice, is that ice or
what is in your mouth? – Glass, dude! – It’s a thing that happens to people. – Are you bleeding?
– You don’t always know if you’re eating glass or not. – Yeah no, I think–
– I just ate a really sharp piece of cinnamon pretzel. – Do we have to bring him? – I don’t know.
– Oh, he’s coming. – Okay great. – Why is Fabian making
all of these decisions? – I don’t understand.
– I’m not making all, all right, Tracker’s
coming, Ragh’s my guy! And also Cathilda is my guy. – Okay.
– And Zayne is maybe coming. – Cathilda looks over and says, (as Cathilda) Charmed, would
you lovely boys want a biscuit? – We just ate so many cinnamon pretzels. – Ragh goes, I’ll have a biscuit, yeah. (laughing) He looks over, you see
that Ragh looks over, I don’t think he has hung out
with Tracker that much before, but he looks over at
Tracker and just goes, (as Tracker) I like your
whole deal, what’s up? (as Brennan) And she looks over and says, (as Tracker) Hey man, how’s it going? (as Brennan) He leans in and is like, (as Ragh) Check it out, I’m gay. – “Check it out, I’m gay?!” – You know when you’re gay, you’re having to come out to
everybody all the time and… – You see that Tracker, her
eyebrows go up and she’s like, (as Tracker) Tight, cool,
okay, great great great. – I’m secretly pulling
on the back of her jacket the whole time, like, This is happening! – She looks over and says, (as Tracker) Ragh and Fabian, Ragh and Gorgug? – I mean, he just said “he’s my guy.” (athletic and heteronormative grunting) – (as Ragh) This fucking guy, he gets me in a headlock, dude, yeah, what’s up dude?
(imitates punching) (Ragh whoops)
Pals, pals! – I think he, yeah, there
could be some fluidity there. – I just wanna pull Ragh
aside for a second and say, Ragh, you didn’t have a weird
dream last night, did you? – Oh, I did have a super weird dream. – You did? – Yeah!
– What happened? – I was standing, I couldn’t see anything, my face was wet and I
was standing in a place that sounded loud and smelled like salt, and I turned, and I couldn’t see but I knew someone was there, and I asked them if they were my dad. – Okay. – I don’t know who my dad is. – Yeah, we talked about this. – We talked about it, man. It meant a lot. We really bonded over that.
– I’m glad that that meant a lot to you and I appreciate it. I relay that to everyone else. – Oh!
– Ooh. – Should I tell him that that– – Can I ask Tracker if she had a dream? – Tracker looks and says, (as Tracker) No, well, I did. I had a dream that I was
running on all fours and I found a bunch of innocent
people in a village and I killed and ate
them, but that’s not out– – That’s a normal
– That’s a normal – dream for you?
– dream for me, yeah. – Wow, that’s a lot. – Hey Cathilda, do maids dream? Is that a thing that maids do? – Do maids dream? – Fabian, my darling boy,
yes, of course maids dream. You know we’re full people. – I mean, yeah, but
like, you’re also a maid. You’re half maid, half person, you know. – Yes, but you’re a person
and you’re also a cheeky boy! (laughing) – Did you have like a crazy nightmare last night or something? – I had a little bit of a nightmare, yes. – What was happening? – I remembered the time when I was aboard The Hangman with your father and I watched my husband get caught in the rigging and hung during a storm. Sorry, hanged. – I’m so sorry. – Ooh, it’s all right. He was a devil of a man. – Like, literally a devil of a man? – No, just one of the most
notorious halfling pirates. He served as first mate
under Captain Seacaster for a long time and there was real love there
but also genuine hatred. The marriage was hard at times. But yes, I had some
memories of a terrible fight in a storm when I was a
member of your father’s crew. – Wait, so why did they
want you to come here– – I’m gonna go talk to the owner. – Cool, you and go talk to the owner. The owner is still there. But yeah, young earth genasi woman. She looks up to you and says, (as Store Owner) Hi, are you
from the insurance company? – No. I’m here, I’m assisting the police. – Okay. – In an arcane capacity. – Oh, okay, yes. Are you from Aguefort? – Yeah. – Lovely, great. So I don’t know if you can
use magic to find out who… – I mean, I can try.
(laughing) Yeah. – Are there security cameras or… – Can I cast Detect Magic? – Cool, you cast Detect Magic, you do the ritual to cast it. The Shatter spell was cast here. – Ah, okay.
It was cast by a bard. (uncomfortable humming) Give me an Arcana check. – I’m gonna have a Help action
from my little Boggy buddy. And that’s a good thing,
because I got a nat 20. – Fig came here. You recognize Fig’s magic. – Ah. Mmm. Interesting. Yes. This seems, I’m gonna talk to the police about what I have found here. Which is some clues! – Great, love that, would love
to get to the bottom of this. Yes!
– Yes. And they will help you more. Can I cast Mending on some of this stuff? – Sure, absolutely. – Somewhat futile because
it’s on each break and it’s glass, but
– On each break, putting the glass back together. You start casting and you see that a cop comes over to you and says, (as Cop) Are you Miss Adaine Abernant? – Yes, that’s me. – Great, we have a little APB about you because, you know, we were at war with your family’s nation and
– Right, that’s – you’re an important
– understandable. – spiritual figure, so
we had a little thing. – Yeah. – Thanks so much for
helping out, love this. This is tampering with a crime scene. – Oh, right!
– So I’m gonna ask you – I’m so sorry!
– to stop. – I was just trying to– – You’re a good egg, we get it! – The mess was really stressing me out. – Listen, we keep things fast and loose here at the Elmville PD, we’re not trying to bust anybody’s balls. – You’re great.
– “Fast and loose.” – You’re the best police. – Hey, you know, for the most part, we go and investigate, but you got the Adventuring Academy
and you know, yeah. – Did you go to the Adventuring Academy? – No, I went to Mumple. – Mumple’s also a great school. – Hey, I hear ya. Well… So if you can use magic
to undo what you did, that’d be great. – Yeah, I just kind of smash it. (laughing) I have no way of doing what it was that that Fig did.
– He’s like, How about it, magic is wild. – Wow, yep, that, that was magical. Can I cast Locate Creature on Fig? I think the likelihood of her being within 1000 feet is me low, but… – You cast the spell, nothing comes back. – Can I call the hotel and
see if she’s checked in? – Yeah. – Cool, you call the Hotel Cavalier? You call the Hotel Cavalier. You hear a voice come up and say, (as Concierge) This is the Hotel Cavalier. To whom do I have the
pleasure of speaking? – Oh hi, yeah, this is Teddy Geiger. And I am calling… – Did she just say Teddy Geiger? – Yeah, I believe she said
her name was Teddy Geiger. – TB Geeger– – She looked at her teddy bear and looked at that store.
– And I’m… Exactly. – Wow, it’s crazy that they have a Geiger counter store
– I’m sorry, I’m with – in the mall.
– all my colleagues. We are calling to see if our colleague already checked into this hotel. – I’m so sorry, we don’t
give away guest information. – Oh, no problem. We are actually, I’m the assistant, and I would lose my job if I’m not able to you know, get this information. I have all of her confirmation numbers. – You’re who’s assistant? – We’re looking for Fig. – Fig? – Figueroth Faeth. – Figueroth Faeth. – Oh, the extremely famous rock star? – Yes, and that is even more reason why I have to make sure
that she checked in. You know rock stars,
they’re always overdosing and you gotta make sure
that they’re still alive for the show!
– Sure, absolutely. So, you’re Figueroth Faeth’s assistant,
okay, and you’re calling– – Can I cast Friends through the phone? (laughing) – Go ahead and give me a Persuasion check with disadvantage. – Interesting! (dice clatter) Bowling Ally. – Hey, okay cool. So it’s a 21. – With disadvantage? – Oh no, sorry, yep, no, you’re right. – Seven plus… – Six, so 13. – You see, the voice says, (as Concierge) So, you’re
Figueroth Faeth’s assistant– – Yes, and I have some Narcan that needs to get to her immediately. – Gotcha. And your best way of finding out where your employer is is to call me, the front desk of the hotel. – Look, let me level with you, what did you eat for lunch today? – Take the phone. – Can I grab it?
– Take the phone. – Listen, hi, this is
Gorgug Thistlespring, you might know me from the same band. – Oh! Hi. Hi, Mr. Thistlespring, hello. – I’m just, I also, clearly
I’m checking in there. – Go ahead and give me just
a flat Persuasion roll. (dice clatter) – Persuasion, I got a 10. (laughing) – So she says, Yes, Mr. Thistlespring, we have a room ready for you. – Great. – And just double-checking, did Fig check in? – Mr. Thistlespring, I’m so sorry– – She was talking about doing
this thing with her friends, so I was just figuring out, because I was thinking of bringing my friend Teddy Geiger and I was wondering if there was a free room. – Assistant, her assistant. – My friend, well, you
see, it’s funny because Fig’s assistant is my friend. That’s how she got the job. – Well, how about this. We will… We can’t give away guest information– – Sure sure sure. – But, what we can do is we’ll leave a note at the front desk and if that person has checked in all we’re gonna do is let them know and they’ll get in touch
with you right away. – Cool. – Don’t do that, don’t do that. – One second. – Hi, this is Fabian Aramais Seacaster, son of Bill Seacaster. – Okay. – I’m sure you know Bill Seacaster. (dice clatter) – Yes, Bill Seacaster, Terror of the Sea. – Yes, fantastic, I’m gonna need Fig’s information, where is she, how’s she doing, vitals, everything. – Go ahead and give me
Persuasion with disadvantage. – Great. (dice rattle)
Two nat 20s. That’s a 10. – Well, Mr. Seacaster, as I’ve said to the two other people standing, I assume right next to you– – Yeah, Teddy Geiger and– – And Gorgug Thistlespring.
– Yes. – We don’t give away guest information. – Okay. – So there’s nothing I can do.
– Okay, one second, one second I’mma put you on with my friend. Do it, Adaine, you got this.
– You can do it! – This is it. – I hang up. – No!
(laughing) – What are you doing?!
– You were the one! – You see that Boggy the
Frog goes (imitates frog) in a little way of like, That’s a good thing,
phone anxiety is real. Don’t do that, you don’t need
to put yourself through that. – We were just wearing him down so much, we just, we fully–
– Exactly! It was a bowling pin situation. – Isn’t this– – Sandra Lynn looks at you guys and says, (as Sandra Lynn) Look, we have all the information we need from here. Let’s get in the van
and hit the old dusty. – I was gonna ask what they had for lunch, and I was gonna say, I’ll double it. – Oh, that’s good.
– For lunch? Let’s leave, get in the van. – You see that Gilear comes out all the way through the mall he has toilet paper stuck to his shoe that goes fully back down the mall. – To the roll. – To the roll.
– Great. – I Mage Hand it off his heel, I can’t even deal with having
the interaction with him. – He’s going to make a Dexterity check. – No!
– A Dexterity saving throw. (dice clatter) That’s a 12, what’s your DC? – My spell save DC is 15. – He fully faceplants as you Mage Hand. He goes (grunts) (as Gilear) Ah! – Gilear, I’m so sorry. – What has happened? – I help him up. – Thank you. – We don’t have to take him. – You see that he looks up, he says, (as Gilear) I am very sorry, I was engaged in a true battle of wills there in the bathroom for the better part of the last 90 minutes.
– No. Don’t, that’s because you were drinking lemonade and milk mixed together. (laughing) – That’s right, he was drinking– – Don’t do that again. – We’re all about to hop in the van. – Yeah.
– Yeah, let’s go, let’s get a move on.
– I just wanna double check. Do you need to go back in there? – Yes. – Will you make it quick? – Please. – I can’t–
– Can’t we just make him a little nest to shit in in the van?
– Can you just heal him? – Can you, what do you take–
– Cast, you have so many healing spells! – All right, I cast Bane on… (laughing) – You cast Bane on Gilear? You can Bane, he full shits himself in the middle of the mall. (imitates things falling) – We have to be in the van with him, stop doing bits.
– And he says, (as Gilear) My problem has solved itself in the worst possible way. – Great!
– Great. I cast Mending on him to clean him up. – He’s cleaned up and you see he says, (as Gilear) I won’t lie,
this is deeply humiliating, but honestly a better
use of all of our time. If this needs to be the way
this happens going forward, I can live with it. – No, you’re right, we’re
sorry, this is too sad. – This is, come on.
– You did a great job, you’re wearing the intern lanyard, which did you buy that separately?
– It seems that you made. – Did you make that? – Officially, what is
our hireling situation? We have– – Ragh Barkrock, Cathilda the Maid. (laughing)
– Last name “The Maid.” – And human, halfling.
– Cathilda looks up and says, (as Cathilda) My last
name is actually Ceili, if anyone’s wondering. – Yes.
– Cathilda Ceili. – Thank you, Cathilda.
– AKA The Maid! – Legitimate halfling person. – Who is also a maid! – Tracker… – See, the nice thing about having Unseen Servants as a child is that they were dehumanized, so I always make sure that I know the difference.
– Tracker, Cathilda. – Ragh.
– Ragh. – And then– – Sandra Lynn, and Gilear.
– Sandra Lynn. – And Gilear.
– Gilear is our intern. – Great. – Gilear is the intern, yeah. – Gilear looks around and says, (as Gilear) Very well, let
us embark in that case. – Where’s the van? – You see that Sandra
Lynn points and says, (as Sandra Lynn) The van, all right. You see that Gorgug’s got the
Thistlespring van out there. Old clunker of a van. So, just for some mise-en-scene, we have a griffin flying over the highway with Sandra Lynn on it, Fabian on The Hangman, and then in the van, we’ve
got Kristen and Tracker, Adaine and Gorgug, Adaine’s
shotgun and Gorgug’s driving. Cathilda, Ragh, and then Gilear way in the far back. (Fabian whoops) – You’re in the–
– Gilear can hop on with you again, if you want. – Uh… (imitates engine revving) – He says, Fabian, if you would like me to ride on the back of The Hangman, I can. I warn you, it didn’t sit
well with me last time. – Yes, we were talking
before you all arrived about the vibrations and
how they affect his insides. – No, thank you. – I’ll be riding solo. – So you guys get in
the van, on The Hangman, and on the griffin. Sandra Lynn–
– Oh! – Was that, what’s up? – Can I talk to, before we leave, to… What I am thinking of? Riz’s mom? – Yes, Riz’s mom actually
pulls up in a squad car before you guys
– Can I show her – are about to head out. – The photo and ask who was in this photo
– Yes! – with her husband? – Great call.
– There you go. There you go. Look at that, we don’t need The Ball! – She… So what do you – so,
you see Sklonda pull up, talk to Sandra Lynn a little bit. She looks and says, (as Sklonda) Okay, we’re
gonna keep peeling, keeping our eyes peeled for Riz here. If I know Riz, if he’s somewhere, no one would be able to
keep Riz tied up for long and if he’s anywhere,
he’d be chasing Fig down. – Yeah.
– So. As like as anywhere, he’s following Fig to Bastion City as well. Kristen, what is it you need help with? – Yeah, actually, we went to his office and we saw signs of a struggle and we ended up fighting something that that wasn’t him but took his form, but before we did, we found this photo and it looks like it’s
of your late husband, but he has his arm out. Was he like a joker like that? Would he be pretending… – She takes the photo and she says, What do you mean he has his arm out? – Like you know, he’s got arm out, kind of like fake–
– Can we look at the picture again? – Same picture. – Who do you see there? – His partner, Calina. – What do you mean, his partner?
– What do you mean, what do I see there? – His partner? – But isn’t he Riz’s dad? – Yeah, not partner in a romantic sense. He was working for Solace deep undercover in the foreign service and– – We can’t see anybody in the picture.
– We can’t see anybody there. – We just see him holding his arm out. – What do you mean you
can’t see anybody there. – We just see, in the
center, that red circle, is nothing.
– Nothing. – Can we show it to everybody else and see if everybody else sees that too? – You look and see… She looks around and, let me see. Ragh, Cathilda, Sandra Lynn, (rattles off mathematically) Sandra Lynn takes it and says, I can see somebody. – Oh, so what are we
– What do you see working with? – What does Sandra Lynn see? – You see she says, (as Sandra Lynn) I see a
tabaxi woman in a dress. – Did you meet her– – By the way, tabaxi, for those
who don’t know, are catfolk. You see she says, it’s a
tabaxi woman in a dress. And you see that Sklonda says, (as Sklonda) Right, that’s
who the photograph is of. It’s Calina. – So you never met her? – No, I met Calina many times. – Sandra Lynn did? – Sandra Lynn says, No,
I’ve never met this woman. – So are they both… – A certain age? – Yeah, an age or a race? – No, they’re very different. – It would seem that there’s some spell upon the photo that keeps us from seeing it
– But it doesn’t have – but not…
– a spell on it! – Yeah, you’ve checked. – Are you sure it doesn’t
have a spell on it? – Can I cast Dispel Magic on it? – You can Dispel Magic on it, (whooshes) nothing happens. – I mean… – Maybe it’s a higher–
– I cast Detect Magic, it says there’s no magic on it. I cast Dispel Magic, nothing happened. – Sklonda says, I’m sure I believe you. Look, Calina worked as an agent on behalf of
Fallinel, the elven homeland. She was an ally of a number of… She moved to Fallinel originally… She wasn’t from Fallinel originally, but she grew up there
in the secret service. She was a very accomplished spy and she worked hand in hand
when the elven government and the Solician government collaborated. So she worked with Pok
for a long, long time. But she… You know what? She was a very gifted
spy, and it’s possible that she had some cloaking magic on her or something like that. – Then, that’s so strange, why
would you be able to see her and we can’t?
– Why would both of these women be able to see her? – Do you have Darkvision? – Both Sandra Lynn and Sklonda say, Yeah, we both do. – Does anyone else here have Darkvision.
– No. – Do you?
– I have Darkvision. – Oh. – Yeah, you can’t see anything. – Well, we have Sandra
on our party, right, with us, so that’s good. – Sklonda looks and says, (as Sklonda) Clearly Riz
figured something out. So I would ask him. (as Brennan) And she
points to the red marker. She says, I haven’t seen Calina in years. Obviously, Pok passed away
when Riz was very young. But other than that… – Thank you. – Cool, thank you, we’re good. – We’re gonna go find Riz. – She looks up and says, Why did you mention the thing about the joke, about Pok joking? – Well, like, why would he, because we see nothing,
so he has his arm out… – Right, got it, sorry. The funny thing about this
picture, why we kept it is there is a joke, which is Calina is joking
because Calina didn’t drink. So she’s raising her paw,
but there’s nothing in it. She’s not… The reason Pok looks so charming is that he’s cheers-ing and she’s not. – Unless she has an invisible drink. – That could be it, maybe that’s it. I’m gonna keep looking for my son. – Sounds right.
– Best of luck finding Fig. I’m sure if you find one, you’ll find some way to the other. Be in touch, I’m on my crystal. As long as you’re within
the bounds of Solace, you’re in service, please
keep me apprised, okay? – We’re bringing The Ball back. – I prefer Riz, Fabian, but that’s okay. (Fabian blusters) – Let’s go get our Ball back! – He likes it.
– Let’s go. – “Let’s go get our Ball back!” So, you guys take off. You guys peel out. – Does this count as a short rest? – This does count as a short rest. – Great. – We look cool as hell. – I love this. You guys hit the road. (rocking road trip music)
As you do so, peeling down the highway, (imitates engine) thing up there, Sandra Lynn looking in the distance, going to find her daughter,
you guys tear off. Towns pass by, this is the first time in the world of Fantasy High we’ve ever left Elmville! True adventure! Tracker… So in the very back of the van, Gilear is taking lunch orders for people to call ahead down the road. Tracker and Kristen are side by side, she’s got her hand on your knee with her head leaning against you. You’ve got Cathilda sitting next to Ragh, passing out snacks. And then in the front seat,
you’ve got Adaine and Gorgug. And then Fabian side by side
and Sandra Lynn overhead. You guys tear down, make it
all the way to Bastian City and pull up in front of the harbor hotel, The Hotel Cavalier in the
spiring downtown sections. Get it, spiring, spire? – Boo. – Of the place where it all happens. Millions of fantastical inhabitants of the busy, bustling
metropolis of Bastion City. And with that, that’s all for this week on Fantasy High.
(cries of anticipation) Tune in next week as we kick down the door of the Hotel Cavalier! (whooshes)
(forced laughing) Guys, that’s it for today’s
chapter of Dimension 20, but (rasps) I called you from the Great Beyond. I have possessed the Dungeon Master known as Brennan Lee Mulligan to say that more full
episodes of Dimension 20 await you on dropout.tv. Sign up for your free trial today! (rasps) (hands hit the table) Sam, did we get that?